Friday 9 August 2013

Noctiphobia- the fear of the night

Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder.

Today I want to be a lamp. I want to find someone swallowed by darkness and I want to reach my hand out, offer them a light to see where they are, how to get out, and most importantly, I want to be the light that lets them see who they are, clearly, for the first time.

Today I want to be a lifeboat. I want to be a safe haven in the turbulent seas of life. I want to give someone a nights rest while the storm rages on, and I want to take them home, desperate and winded and exhilarated. I want to see their face as we reach the shore together.

Today I want to be a ladder. I want to help someone climb, to all the places they had never thought to reach. I want to offer them a leg up, the chance to get everything they ever wanted, to help them ascend out of the hole they have dug themselves into.

I’m going to be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder.


Maybe be because it is so dark and the waters are so deep and I can’t seem to be able to climb my way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment