Wednesday 24 July 2013

Electrophobia- the fear of electricity

The rain is tapping out a love note on our windowpane but we remain safe in a cotton cocoon. I lay pressed against you, intertwined with you from knees to toes. I am awed at the singing of your skin, the whole continent of you pulsating with living electricity.

My forehead is against your chest and your hand is on my hip. Your calm breathing is gently rocking me to sleep but I am too amazed by your heartbeat to close my eyes.

The steady beating is a melody I want to live to, a symphony that I could lose myself in. I can feel its gentle nudges on my face, the throb of a river of life, the soft fingers of solid existence.


 I am filled with a wholesome wonder at this one magical organ that keeps us both alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment